It is part of our mission at CMHS to promote responsible pet ownership. To our shelter this does not simply mean a hearty meal, exercise and belly rubs. Routine visits to a veterinarian, keeping your animal vaccinated and most importantly, spayed or neutered is a huge part of the equation. To make this easier for low-income community members, CMHS offers many services to those who qualify.
People scheduling low cost surgeries must present one of the following:
- Missouri EBT Card (Food Stamps)
- MO Healthnet (Medicaid)
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)
- Temporary Medicaid for Pregnant Women: Letter of acceptance into program.
- LIHEAP (Low Income Utility Assistance): A letter of acceptance
- Temporary or Permanent Disability: Letter of acceptance
- Social Security: Proof of age over 62
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Income Eligibile: Show paycheck stubs and household size. Qualifications based on the table below.
Appointments are available so call and schedule today!
To reserve an appointment, please call CMHS at 573.825.8976. Payment must be received at the time of set-up. Vaccinations are only available at time of sterilization. Please know that CMHS works with a variety of rescue groups and organizations who may be able to waive the sterilization fee based on breed.
Upcoming Vaccination Clinics
We hold quarterly vaccination clinics here at CMHS. In order to take advantage of this service, you will need to bring verification of your low income status.
March 8, 2014 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
June 14, 2014 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
August 23, 2014 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
November 1, 2014 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM