Why we need your help
The Central Missouri Humane Society is a private nonprofit organization. We are not affiliated with the Humane Society of the United States or ASPCA.
CMHS is not a municipal shelter- we are not run by the City of Columbia. We work alongside Columbia’s Animal Control and share our space with them. This contract only covers around 15% of our annual budget. CMHS would not exist without the support of our donors.
How your donation helps
- Provides food, water, shelter, and comfort to our animals
- Provides veterinary supplies to help our animals
- Allows us to perform low-cost spay/neuter surgeries to Mid-Missouri residents
- Allows us to buy necessary supplies to keep our shelter running
How you can help
- Donate online or send in a check
- Make a memorial or tribute donation in memory of a person or pet
- Sponsor a cat condo or dog kennel with our Shelter Me program
- Purchase supplies from our Amazon wish list- goods are sent directly to the shelter!
The Central Missouri Humane Society collects and maintains the donor contact information and giving information when it is voluntarily provided to us.
This confidential information is kept on file for IRS purposes. It is also used to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make more accurate budget projections, as well as to understand donors’ interests in our mission and to update them on the organization’s plans and activities.
CMHS does not sell, rent, trade or share its donor list with any other organization. CMHS never sends out mailings on behalf of other organizations.